Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcome to Renton


Well, what can I say….it is my first blog entry. I’ve never done it before and I’ve only read 2 or 3 peoples’ blogs. But I guess the purpose of my writings will be to update others on what’s happening in the life of Lesley and I. I probably won’t update the blog daily with my opinions on what is happening in the world. (but it would be nice to have that kind of time.)

Anyway, to give you an update—Lesley and I have been married for over a month and a half. We had a beautiful wedding on September 12th which involved being sealed by my amazing mission president and a beautiful reception in my momma’s backyard. We are grateful for those who contributed in any way to making it a special day. I’m especially grateful to my ma and pa for putting together an open house in such a short time. I am thankful to Lesley’s parents for their support in our wedding and helping us move to Seattle and get situated. It is good to have them close by.

I miss my family and friends back in Utah and I know they miss me. It was especially hard to leave my nephew who had just barely taken his first steps and was saying a couple words.

Living in Washington is great so far. We live in a homey little apartment and are beginning to find our way around town. Lesley is going to school at Bellevue Community College and is working towards being a radiation therapist. I am still working with Paychex and am going to school at the University of Phoenix. Life is busy for the both of us, but we enjoy spending time with each other. We both try to get homework done quickly so we can hang out. This week is Lesley’s mid-terms and my final.

This weekend is Halloween and neither of us has come up with a costume. This week we are going to have my friend Devan and his wife Paige come over and carve pumpkins and watch a scary movie. This Friday we will be going to a Halloween party with some friends from the ward.

I better wrap things up. I’m going to find something to make for my lady and I. I hope the video that I just posted works.

4 comments:

LMT said...

That was an awesome tour de casa. haha. we use our boards and stuff for decor too. nice! Also, I understand not getting wedding pics posted right after you get them but post some soon ok? ok. Miss you Leslie. Hope to meet you one day husband of L.

Bye. hehe

Mindy said...

Parker,
I love your blog. You always crack me up! Glad you are doing well.

Your favorite client EVER!
Mindy

Kaitlin said...

parker!!! it's kaitlin (from utah onion). congrats on your wedding/marriage....what a beautiful bride you have! hope you guys are doing well in wa....ally and i miss you at paychex!

Eric and Hayley said...

Finally you send me the link missy! That video was hilarious...great job narrating Parker...I really appreciated the toilet shot, and better yet, the lifting of the lid. I'm going to show this to Eric when I get off work...so so funny.