6/6/09 9:50 PM
I have a whole bunch to write about today. Lesley and I have been on a lot of adventures lately. Every weekend for the last three weeks, we have been away from home. (This is one of the reasons I have been a slacker and have not called my momma for a while….sorry momma! I love you!!!) Lesley and I went camping over Memorial Day weekend. Last weekend we went to Seaside, Oregon. And today we were in Poulsbo and spent the day sailing.
Our Memorial Day camping trip was a lot of fun. We went to Lake Wenatchee in central Washington. It was a couple hour drive across the Cascade mountain range. We found a place to camp in a book I bought Lesley for her birthday. The book is called “The Best Tent Camping in Washington.” The camping place was off the beaten path in a really secluded part of the forest. We arrived in the dead of night. We set up our tent and went to bed. (I’m surprised we were able to sleep after seeing signs that said “BEWARE of Bears.” We awoke to see what a beautiful place it was. We camped pretty close to a river that fed into Lake Wenatchee. We walked around and found beautiful overlook views of the river. I would take Lola into the woods to help me find firewood. Lesley and I were able to get Lola to get in the water up to her belly. I don’t know how she did it because the water was ice cold. I tried standing in water below my knees and I almost died of frostbite. Another highlight of this trip was visiting Leavenworth, a small alpine Bavarian village.
Our trip last weekend was also a lot of fun. It felt as though we had gone back in time 9 months to our honeymoon. I took a day off work and we headed down the Oregon coast to Seaside. Lesley’s parents had reserved a couple condos at the Wyndham resort in Seaside. A couple of Lesley’s sisters and their families came from Utah and California to be with us. It was a lot of fun playing uncle that weekend. We went to Tillamook, OR and toured the cheese factory again. We spent a lot of time on the beach and in the swimming pool. Lola loved running around on the beach and getting in the cold water. She also enjoyed playing in the sand and meeting other dogs. Lesley fell asleep on the beach and got a good sunburn on the back of her legs. Lets just say she struggled to walk the next couple of days. It looks like she is wearing really high red socks.
Today Steve, Tyler, David, and I spent the day sailing in Poulsbo. It was my first experience ever sailing. It was tons of fun. It was an overcast day but there was a good amount of wind. We raised the sails high and hoped the wind would blow in a constant direction. We had to weave our way through the water, changing the direction of the sails in order to propel the boat. There were times that I thought we were going to tip over because we were leaning 15 to 20 degrees. I learned a lot about how to sail and direct the boat. It is a great feeling to get out there and be pushed by the wind. I wouldn’t mind having a sailboat in the future. Taking a few weeks off work and sailing to ports along the coast.
Well, I’m pretty tired and a little sunburned. I better get to bed.
Oh, PS…I’m excited to go to the 311 concert on Monday with some friends!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment